Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Recipes

I am always looking for new recipes and, of course, love a good dessert recipe. I found a couple today while I was surfing the internet and thought I would share. They both look pretty easy and very tasty!

OREO TRUFFLES
2 sleeves Oreos
8 oz. softened cream cheese
Handful of white chocolate chips
Handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Crush the Oreos in a food processor (should be like crumbs). Pour into a mixing bowl/mixer. Add in the cream cheese and mix until well blended. Roll into balls. In a separate bowl, melt all the chocolate chips together and drizzle over balls. Hint: Melt the chips in the microwave, along with a teaspoon of Crisco. Once melted, place them in baggie & cut the corner of the bag (a very small hole) and drizzle over the balls. Even better, use an icing bag if you have one. Store truffles in the fridge. Yield: About 30 truffles



BLACK-BOTTOM BANANA BARS
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. baking cocoa

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined. Blend in the bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased 9" x 13" baking pan. Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the bars test done. Cool.

Bon Appetite!!

3 comments:

  1. Those banana bars sound yummy and I have a ton of bananas in my freezer just waiting to be used. I will have to give this recipe a try. As for the Oreo recipe I would eat all the cookies before I could make them into truffles. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMM....I think I need some Oreo Truffles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Oreo Truffles sound really good. But, I'm trying to stay away from cookies/chocolate, so everything sounds good. ;)

    Maybe you'll have to make them for the cookie exchange we will have in December.

    ReplyDelete